- Manufacturing of steel structures
- Radial air blowers
- Spare parts
- Renewable energy systems
- Disposal waste
- Water & Sewage treatment plants
- Research and Development
- Other areas of activity
- Traditional power systems
Low-speed Diesel Engine Power Plants
Since the 1950’s, H.CEGIELSKI-POZNAŃ S.A. has been the largest European producer of low-speed, 2-stroke, high-power, Diesel engines which are the base for building stationary power plants and combined heat and power plants with power ranges from 4 MWe to 200 MWe.
HCP power plants can be fired with non-standard fuels, from crude oil, or its variants, to vegetable oils and animal fats that are difficult to utilise in engine technology.
Advantages of the solution offered by HCP SA:
- Long service-life; it is worth noting that some installations have been in operation for over 30 years,
- Low sensitivity to the parameters and the quality of fuels,
- Variety of the fuels used such as HFO, MDO, biofuels and crude oil,
- High electrical efficiency, up to 50%,
- Capability to temporarily overload by 10%, in order to achieve 110% of power, to increase energy production during, so-called, daytime peaks,
- Very high annual availability, that is, a minimum of 95%,
- Very high mechanical efficiency, up to 50%, with the use of TCS: over 50% (additional gas turbine using the energy of flue gases),
- Low maintenance costs.
- Savings in fuel costs for a 50-MWe, two-stroke engine power plant, compared to a four-stroke engine power plant with the same power, exceed $2.5 million a year, which significantly reduces investment return time for the two-stroke system.